Last Thursday my mum bring me to the eyes specialist and as I accidentally look through the record..Gosh!It had been 3 years ago since i last visited the doctor.Well,after dragging it for 3 years,I finally made up my mind to do the surgery.The reason is my cornea condition will get worst if I still take my own sweet time to overcome the fear of undergoing the whole process of the surgery...
Initially the surgery is supposed to be on last Friday,which means the next day but since I'm going out on Friday, so managed to drag it till this Monday.I had choosed general anaesthesia(GA) but changed my mind really last minute to do local anaesthesia(LA) due to the side-effect which may be cause by doing GA.On Monday,I woke up really early compared to usual to get prepare and reached the hospital around 9am.After weighing,measuring my blood pressure and taking some pill to make me relax,I waited until around 10.15am where I had to change into 1 piece of cloth(felt so weird in it)and being pushed into the OR. Don't know whether I'm feeling so nervous or what,its so cold inside the OR and no one actually bother to look at me..I was just left on the bed aside waiting for the doctor.OH!I really felt so cold that time...=.=
Finally at 11am sharp, the doctor came and hmm....All the lights were turn on,its really bright n the doctor were wearing a pair of special kind of glasses(dunoe what you call it...).She start with using a marker to mark some line on my eyes.Although the process was not painful but somehow it really irritate my eyes and as usual I started to tear a lot until the doctor has to change another marker.(I guess she really having a hard time marking on my eyes till she said that:Wow!U really tear alotz..)After she's done with it,she gave me the 1st shot of LA.And....
OMG!!!It was a really bad experience of injections I ever had...I can feel that the needle is so long and it pierced through my eye lid..PAIN!!!So she start with my left eye,most of the time I closed my eyes and tried to relax myself especially when I felt the scissors n thread on my face..I was totally conscious and I heard the nurse said that its 11.45am after she's done with my left eye.Now...2nd shot of LA for my right eye.Damn!Erm,and the worst thing is..when she cutting on my right eye I started to feel pain which shouldn't happen after LA.so the doctor said that she had to give me another shot of LA..I felt that my whole body shivered when I heard that..Sobs..Sobs..
Finally when everything is finished at 12.30pm,I was pushed out to the normal ward and really had a tough time changing back to my clothes because I hardly can open my eyes and the wound was still bleeding...Had blood pressure measured again after that..Haha,the nurse said that its a bit lower than normal..(guess its because I was so hungry that time..=P)
Hmm..Its really suffering after that because I couldn't walk as I like and spent most of my time on the bed because my eyes were terribly swell(can go for Halloween party without make-up..keke) and still bleed on and off till the forth day..And you know what...I couldn't eat whatever I like..No eggs,no chocolate(my xing fu!),no nuts etc... Its really.....TORTURING!
Haha..hope that the surgery is successful because I haven't really look at the mirror yet and don't know whether my eyelashes come out liao bo....Hoho...Have to take out the thread next Thursday,another round of suffer...
2 comments:
ouch! pain!!!
I didn't know that it's already 3 years... Thankful that you finally decide to do the surgery. I read an article recently, it said most of the people are not afraid of pain. What they afraid is "the pain to undergo surggery". Well, I should write that in Mandarin. 他们怕的是“做手术很痛”,而不是怕痛。got it? hah, you are lucky for overcome the fear, you will need no worry after this... Can you take photo? Let us see your condition.. Heheh...
Anyway, take care ya..
haha..yea,i got it..Erm,i didn n will not take photo la...so ugly....=.=
Post a Comment